Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sober & Straight Edge: There's A Difference (reblog)

This is "reblog", I guess it's called, from a neglected secondary blog that I sorta started sometime back whenever it was that I started my Tumblr account. Anyway, this is one of two, it might be edited a bit, and I have no clue when it was actually composed or what the "inspiration" was for it at the time, but after reading them, I figured I'd post them both here, maybe edit them a bit. Maybe not...

These days I’m am pretty much what one might call, “stone cold sober”, as for as how I go through life. Not a bad thing to be, in fact I rather dig it, it’s pretty much “my thing”,  but there’s this silly little label called “straight edge” that  I occasionally get lumped into by some ignorant & clueless little fuckwad that never fails to irritate the piss out of me. I’ll say right here and now that there’s no fucking way in hell I would ever identify as “straight edge”. In fact, FUCK straight edge!
 I feel that to be fair, I should mention that straight edge is something that started off with good intentions but evolved into some serious bullshit that I want no part of. I actually take offense when someone refers to me as straight edge, but they’re lucky I’m sober, cause if I was drunk I’d probably punch them in the mouth for calling me that :D

No comments:

Post a Comment